May 5, 2011 § 2 Comments
I had some artichoke hearts, lasagna noodles and burrata so I decided to try something new. It tasted amazing! 🙂 Two things I would do differently (1) add fresh basil and thyme and (2) learn how to make fresh lasagna noodles. The burrata makes the lasagna taste light and fresh.
I hope you enjoy making it and savoring every bite!
- 4-5 cooked lasagna noodles (the amount varies based on how you like your noodle to sauce ratio)
- Olive oil (enough to thinly coat bottom of pan)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1-2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dry basil
- 1 tsp of dry thyme
- Burrata mozzarella (used amount varies)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: mince garlic cloves, quarter the artichoke hearts and thinly slice the burrata
Step 2: on low to medium heat pour olive oil in pan and toss in minced garlic (saute till medium brown)
Step 3: put artichoke quarters in the pan and saute (2-3 minutes)
Step 4: pour in tomato sauce with basil, thyme, brown sugar and stir (bring to a light boil)
Step 5: add salt & pepper (sauce is done!)
Step 6: begin layering noodles alternate between sauce and fresh burrata
The way I like it. 🙂
How do you like your lasagna?