Chunky Avocado Spread
March 23, 2011 § 1 Comment
When I decided to make my Southwest Jalapeno Patty, I really wanted to add some avocado to it. I absolutely love avocado with everything-especially burgers and sandwiches! I think that it adds such a great flavor to the food. It’s also adds a good some good oils to your diet. I wanted to make something a little different that wasn’t just your typical avocado slice. I thought an avocado spread would be a refreshing twist to adding avocado on the burger/sandwich complex.
Below is the recipe and I encourage you to play with the amounts used to get a spread suitable to your taste. If you like something a little more tart, add some more lemon juice. If you want something with a little more avocado, add another one!
- Handful of Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Handful of Parsley and/or Cilantro (I used a little bit of both)
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut avocado into bit size pieces and toss into bowl
- Finely chop parsley and cilantro and toss into bowl
- Cut tomatoes to desired size (I sliced in half)
- Add rest of ingredients and mix
I added this tangy/sweet delicious avocado spread to my burger below. It will go well with any sandwich, burger or nice piece of toast.